Subdistrict No. 6 Board of Managers
The Board of Managers is composed of ten members and one ex officio member.
- The members must be landowners or legal representatives of landowners within the Subdistrict No. 6 boundaries.
- Two members with irrigated lands under the Terrace Irrigation Company.
- Two members with irrigated lands under the Commonwealth Irrigation Company.
- Two members with irrigated lands under the Monte Vista Canal.
- Two members with irrigated lands within the Alamosa-La Jara Water Conservancy District.
- One member who is a shareholder in the San Luis Valley Well Owners Association, Inc.
- One at large member, not a member, shareholder, or otherwise affiliated with the above entities.
- The ex officio member will be appointed to represent the Board of Directors for the District.
Terrace Irrigation Company - 2 Members
Gerald Faucette - Manager
Rodney Reinhardt - Manager
Commonwealth Irrigation Company - 2 Members
Ted Heersink - Manager
Tyler Faucette - President
Monte Vista Canal - 2 Members
Virgil Valdez - Vice President
Robert Middlemist - Manager
Alamosa-La Jara Water Conservancy District - 2 Members
Ronald Reinhardt - Secretary/Treasurer
Kenneth Reynolds - Manager
San Luis Valley Well Owners Association, Inc. - 1 Member
Mario Curto - Manager
At Large - 1 Member
Peter Clark - Manager
Ex Officio Member
Armando Valdez - Manager
The Purpose of the Board of Managers is to carry out the general supervision and operational management of the Subdistrict. Specifically, the Board of Managers must administer a plan of water management to benefit the property within the Subdistrict. The plan of water management must be designed to remedy injurious depletions to senior surface water rights from groundwater withdrawals from Subdistrict Wells and to conserve and stabilize the water supply for irrigation, domestic, municipal, industrial and other beneficial uses for those water users within the boundaries of the Subdistrict. The Board of Managers operate both separately and in conjunction with the Board of Directors of the Rio Grande Water Conservation District.
Regular meetings occur the second Tuesday of February and May and the first Tuesday of August and November. Please see the homepage or calendar for specific dates, times, and locations.Bylaws